Early Childhood Education
As an Early Childhood Education course student, you will learn to prepare young children for educational success. Research, create, and present developmentally appropriate learning material and activities for children in real-world clinical experiences at the Learning Lamp Center at GJCTC and at Pressley Ridge.
- Health and safety
- Learning environment
- Child development
- Classroom management and positive guidance
- Program partnerships
- Standard curriculum and assessment
- Learning activities
- Clinical experience
- Crime and violence prevention
- ACT National Career Readiness
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Mandated Reporter
- CPR/First Aid
- New Staff Orientation
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.