GJCTC Culinary Arts students work side-by-side with a professional chef to create gourmet meals and desserts for catering events. In our unique Spartan Inn setting, students learn to plan, prepare, and serve meals with an artistic presentation for upscale events and casual dining.
- Safety procedures
- Sanitation procedures
- Purchasing and receiving
- Storage procedures
- Cutting tools and utensils
- Standardized recipe preparation
- Front-of-house procedures
- Basic baking practices
- Plan and cost menus
- ACT National Career Readiness
- ServSafe Certification
- ProStart Certificate of Completion
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.