When you enroll in our Diesel Mechanics course, you will learn to analyze and repair complex electric, hydraulic, and diesel fuel systems for a variety of heavy equipment. Students in this program troubleshoot, repair, and assemble diesel and gas powered engines and machinery using equipment and techniques found in professional heavy equipment facilities.
- Suspension and steering
- Preventative maintenance
- Fuel system
- Cooling system
- Brake systems
- Tools, fabrication, and hardware
- Air intake and exhaust systems
- S/P2 Safety and Pollution Prevention Training
- ASE Student Certification
- PA State Inspection Course
- OSHA 10
- Section 609 Mobile Air Conditioning Certification
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.