Machine Tool Technology
Students enrolled in GJCTC’s Machine Tool Technology course experience a fast paced, high-performance manufacturing environment. Here, you’ll learn to utilize advanced computer-controlled technology to manufacture precise steel, aluminum, and plastic components and create and read blueprints with ACAD and MasterCam.
- Milling machines
- Blueprint reading
- CNC programing
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills:
- Machining Level 1
- Machining Level 2
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.