Automotive Repair & Technology
The GJCTC Automotive Repair and Technology course offers a modern environment where students will perform diagnostics and repairs on today’s advanced vehicle systems. Utilize the latest equipment as you progress from basic safety and tool training to the more advanced and complex vehicle electrical systems trainings. Expect to prepare and obtain Pennsylvania State Vehicle Inspection License upon course completion.
Auto Technology students may enroll in the Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES) program. The AYES process includes job shadowing, employability skills training, and safety and environmental certification. It may also provide direct links to postsecondary opportunities in degree or certificate-based programs.
- Vehicle maintenance services
- Steering and suspension systems
- Braking systems
- Heating and air conditioning systems
- Engine mechanical, cooling, and exhaust systems
- Electrical systems
- Engine performance
- ACT National Career Readiness
- Air Conditioning Certification
- ASE Student Certification
- National Career Readiness
- PA State Inspection License
- SP2 Safety Training
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.