Graphic & Digital Design
The Graphics and Digital Design course here at GJCTC trains students to produce a full-range of creative client projects, with opportunities to create illustrations, logos, and dynamic visuals to communicate through print and digital media. Students use the same advanced equipment, software, and techniques as professional graphic designers, including:
- Macintosh computers
- Roland large format cutter/printer
- WinZing laser engraver
- Four-color manual silkscreen printing press
- Drawing and illustration
- Color theory and application
- Digital imaging
- Design, layout, and production
- Digital photography
- Professional practices
- ACT National Career Readiness
- Adobe Certified Associate Certification:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
PA SOAR Program
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.