We know that continuing your education can be a financial challenge. In an effort to ensure that everyone who wishes can enroll in our programs, we are proud to offer financial aid opportunities for our adult education programs. Students may apply for Title IV federal aid programs to determine eligibility for financial aid programs.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Students must meet the following requirements to receive federal financial aid through the Greater Johnstown Career and Technology Center:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be enrolled in an approved course of study
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Make satisfactory academic progress and have 90 percent attendance
- Register with the Selective Service, if required
- Not be in default on a Title IV loan
- Not owe a refund on a Title IV grant
Federal Aid Programs
Federal law requires that students may apply for federal aid without paying a fee. Full-time GJCTC students may be eligible for the following federal aid programs:
Financial Aid Process
There is a specific process students must follow when applying for financial aid. The first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at least 60 days in advance. If you need help filling out the application or have questions about the financial aid process, please contact us. You can find more information in the financial aid handbook located on this page.