Lab Technology students explore the multi-faceted world of laboratory work, including genetic engineering, microbiology, investigative forensic science, quality control, and agricultural and animal science disciplines. When you enroll in this course, you will perform scientific inquiry and analysis in our state of the art laboratory, and learn the laboratory techniques and concepts you need to excel in this exciting field.
- Comprehensive safety training
- Extensive skills training
- Training on equipment found in professional labs
- ACT National Career Readiness
- OSHA Certification
- First-Aid Certification
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.