The GJCTC Health Assistant course offers students the opportunity to develop medical assisting skills using high-tech equipment found in today’s health care facilities. Experience live clinical instruction at a long-term care facility, and practice medical assistant skills in a high tech SIM lab.
- Emergency care
- Nutrition and hydration
- Human body and diseases
- Infection control
- Human needs and development
- Moving, lifting, and positioning
- Medical terminology
- ACT National Career Readiness
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR
- American Heart Association First Aid
- Certified Nurse Aide Licensure
- National Safety Compliance: Safety Orientation for Health Care
- National Safety Compliance: Bloodborne Pathogens
- National Safety Compliance: HIPPA Training
Students will be able to take their Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) license exam in their senior year of high school, once they have completed the 150-hour course within the program.
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of their senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.