Our Cosmetology students learn in a full-service, real-world, interactive salon environment. At the GJCTC Salon, students learn professional salon techniques as they provide a full range of hair, nail, and skin care services, creating unique styles to exceed client expectations.
- Safety and sanitation
- Hair shaping (cutting)
- Hair coloring
- Temporary hair removal
- Nail technology
- Trichology and chemistry
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Professional business practices
- PA cosmetology law
- Hair styling
- Chemical texturizing
- ACT National Career Readiness
- The Cosmetology course assists students in preparing for and passing the PA State Board of Cosmetology licensing exam. Students must complete 1,250 satisfactory hours of instruction to be eligible for the exam.
PA SOAR Program
To qualify for free SOAR credits offered at participating colleges:
- Students must be enrolled in an approved Program of Study (POS) in the PDE SOAR program.
- Students must prepare for both college and a career by taking college prep academics, for example: College Prep English or Algebra II by their junior year of high school.
- Students must achieve a 2.5 GPA in the CTE program.
- Students must score competent or advanced on the end-of-CTE-program test, called the NOCTI, which is taken during the spring semester of senior year of high school.
- Students must complete the SOAR statewide articulation competency list for their Program of Study.
For more information about this program, visit CollegeTransfer.Net.