Adult Licensed Practical Nursing
The Practical Nursing (PN) program prepares men and women for a career as a licensed practical nurse in the various areas of the healthcare field. The curriculum offers structured learning opportunities for the student to develop nursing knowledge and clinical skills as related to health maintenance, diseases prevention, care of the sick and injured, and rehabilitation of the disabled. Following successful completion of the licensing exam (NCLEX-PN), graduates are prepared for entry-level employment as licensed practical nurses. At successful program completion, students earn a diploma. Articulation agreements are available with this program for furthering your education.
Program of Study (PN)
The PN program offers multiple classes per year in Johnstown and Monroeville, Pennsylvania. The 1,603-hour PN program includes 812 theory hours and 791 hours of clinical experience. The full-time program is divided into three sixteen-week levels of classroom and clinical experiences.
Areas of Training
In an effort to stay current with changes and trends in the industry, the program curriculum may change during the program year and will include general training in:
- Nursing Fundamentals
- Body Structure and Functions
- Personal and Vocational Relationships
- Mathematics for Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Family-Centered Maternity Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
Take the Next Step
We’re thrilled that you’ve decided to learn more about enrolling in our program! Please follow these steps to apply:
- Call the adult education career counselor at (814) 266.6073 x 233 or (814) 266.6073 x 201 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to schedule a tour and/or make a registration interview appointment.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be prepared to bring the $100 registration fee with you to the registration interview. You must pay this non-refundable fee before your interview begins, as it secures your seat in class. We will deduct the $100 from your tuition once you begin your program.
- During the interview, a GJCTC adult education career will review school policies and procedures along with any entrance requirements you must complete. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the program and/or the school.
- After your interview, you should begin the application process for financial aid (if applicable).
- Once you meet all the requirements, you will receive a letter of acceptance from the coordinator of Practical Nursing.